CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 8, 2009

2 Samuel 1: It's hard to say goodbye....

For David, that day must have been one of the worst day of his life. He found out 2 persons who had a significant place in His life was forever gone. Saul, His king and master whom he had the upmost respect and his dearest friend, Jon. My guess it that he sang the lament accompanied with his wonderful harp playing. He also ordered that the people in the land of Judah to be taught this lament to remember this 2 great men. It shows that David was a man who had a big heart. Even after what Saul had done on him, he was never bitter over him and even mourned for Saul. David showed us what it means to be merciful, to be forgiving and compassionate.

In this lament, it also tells us of how David will forever remember Jon; a mighty fighter, dies at the height of his life, a dear brother and a loving friend (vs.25-27). It tells me what kind of a friend was Jon, to have left such a significant imprint in David's life. I wondered...how would people around me remember me the day when I am gone forever? What will they 'sing' about me?...

0 comments: